Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Hidden Tiger: Knowing Which Name to Call


Can you find the hidden tiger in the picture above?  Once you see him, it seems so clear, so obvious, but it takes a little while.  You don't see him right away.  You have to search.  Maybe not long, but you have to search.  Then you see it clearly.

The ancient Egyptians, like a lot of peoples, believed that if you knew someone's name, you had power over them.  The Egyptians believed that every person had (has) a secret name, their essential name, that is too powerful to be known.  The great mother goddess, Isis, became the most powerful magician in existence by tricking her father, Re, into telling her his secret name, and thus, giving her his power.

You can't solve your problems until you see the hidden tiger and know god's secret name.  Until you can figure out exactly what problems you're having, you're helpless against them.  It sounds simple, I know.  Of course you can't solve problems you don't know you have.  The point is this: you have no power if you are calling the wrong name.

I've noticed that when one thing goes wrong, lots of things seem to go wrong.  Sometimes we see that lots of things are going wrong, and we don't understand that they might be the result of something else.  This isn't meant to be complicated.  I don't think we all have deeply hidden issues.  I just know that there are days when everything goes wrong, (it's raining, you burn your finger on the coffee pot, you lose your keys, you fail your test) and you focus on all the bad things not realizing that they aren't really the problem.  

This is a simplification, of course.  But the question is simple:  What's your problem?  Is it really your girlfriend?  Is it really about your failed test, your lost job, your broken cup?  If it is, you have the power to overcome, you have the power to move on.  If you can't let go, can't help but focus on these things, big or small, maybe you've been looking in the wrong place for the hidden tiger.  Maybe you've been calling the wrong name.

Can you find the hidden tiger in the picture above?  What about in your self?

5 comments:

Maggie said...

I see a tiger, but I am assuming you mean there is another one?

My blog is screwy, so I can't post, but I'll keep checking yours!

So, if there is more than one tiger in the picture above, I have not found him.

Amy Sun said...

There's another tiger, so to speak, in the picture. I can give you a clue, if you want. :-)

Maggie said...

The only thing I see is something like a reflection of his face on the ground, but that's probably because I'm trying too hard to find him.

Yes, give me a clue!

Maggie said...

Leila,

Send me an email so I can add you you to my blog readers' list:

aubade97@hotmail.com

I have enjoyed your visits to my blog and hope you'll continue to come and visit!

Sea-llama said...

I recently met some tigers, though that's not exactly accurate. I knew that they were there because i saw their tracks. I have been trying to catch them for some time. meet them face to face. Always a risky proposition to meet a tiger mano a mano.